This boat is intended for the Two Harbors trip attendees only.
COST: Included in your dive package. (Any open spots would go for $51.76)
BOARDING: Boards at ~7:15 am at the pier.
FOOD: Snacks and drinks are provided between dives.
AIR TANKS: Boat does not provide tanks. You must bring your own. Their air compressor pumps to 3,000 psi only, so best to bring an LP steel or aluminum tank.
NITROX: Boat does not pump nitrox.
GEAR: Bring all your own gear.
BOAT: Cee Ray
REFUNDS: All refunds (if applicable) subject to a .31 Paypal fee and 9% admin fee. Back out less than 7 days before departure= no refund. Back out less than two weeks before departure= 1/2 refund (less fees). 15+ days= full refund (less fees).
- Bring your certification card.
- Hydrate really well.
- Take Bonine if you think you're at all inclined toward seasickness. If you aren't sure... take some Bonine (or similar)!
- Eat a decent, non-greasy breakfast.
- Bring something to keep you warm between dives (overcoat, boat jacket, etc).
- Bring a torch for peering into nooks and crannies.
- End your dive close to the boat (unless you enjoy long surface swims).
- ALWAYS bring your dive essentials: A safety sausage, knife, and whistle (at a minimum)!
- Don't forget to tip the boat crew if they do a good job for you. This one's just as important as any other point in this list. The DM is there for your safety. Take care of him/her!
Boat Etiquette Reminder:
- Show up on-time. Boat boards at 7:30 am sharp.
- Space is limited on a boat. Stow all your gear where directed to by crew.
- Keep gear out of the walk-way, damnit.
- Put your fins on at drop-in point (not forward and then flip flop over people's feet and gear).
- Don't rinse your mask or other gear in the CAMERA BUCKET!
- Don't clog up the marine head with baby ruth bars or similar.
- If you have to puke, do it downwind (leeward).
- If you have to cancel, do it well before the cutoff time so Bill has a chance to sell your seat.
We like to call all our dive boat sites "Advanced" simply because currents can pop up and similar. Be strong in your skills (whether you're o/w or advanced). If you have ANY concerns or issues (or haven't been diving in a while) then get a Tuneup or additional training. There are plenty of shops and instructors who'll be glad to help. Look 'em up here: Shops & Instructors
If you have not filled out a liability release for Power Scuba Meetup, please follow this link to the file, print, sign and bring to the event, along with your C-Card (scuba certification card). You only need to do this once a year: Liability Release and Assumption of Risk
You must also read this: Disclaimer and Clarification... AKA Terms and Conditions
Anyone with a medical condition possibly counter-indicitive to diving must have a doctors signature on a diving waiver form and submit signed form to Bill Powers (or an organizer) before they may attend any Power Scuba event. YOU MAY NOT ATTEND AN EVENT WITH AN UNDISCLOSED MEDICAL CONDITION. Doing so is grounds for expulsion from the group. Here is our medical statement: Medical Statement Therein you'll find a Doctor Waiver form as well.
Attending any scuba event Power Scuba facilitates constitutes attendee's affirmation they are medically fit to dive, have read the Terms and Conditions, and have submitted a signed Liability Release to an organizer.
Important Note: It is not the organizer's role to lead your dive. He/she merely facilitates you getting to the pre-dive meeting location. The Organizer will not assign you a buddy nor will he/she be leading the dive as a "group dive". Visibility and liability do not allow for that. When you enter the water, you are on your own. You must plan and execute your dive with your dive buddy only. Once members arrive at the meeting spot, the Organizer becomes simply another diver.
Your participation constitutes your affirmation you agree to these above rules and disclaimers.
This is a no-take (except for scallops or urchins, if you have a permit) event. If any site we dive at is a preserve then there will be no take at all from that site.