So this trip is very last minute but guaranteed to be a fun one!
We will be paddling from Kei Lin Ha San Wai through the Hoi Ha Marine Park to reach our campsite in Ko Lau Wan! We will be camping there and next morning we will set out to paddle around Grass island, Port Island and then back to Kei Lin Ha. The forecast shows some nice calm water for both days, which always make for amazing kayaking!
This trip will allow you toe scape the city hustle and bustle and come relax in an area that is a a pristine state of tranquility!
What you will need to bring>
1. pair of closed toe shoes that will get wet and will use for walking on rocks, barnacles and whatever else there is around (old trainers work)
2. clothes that are going to get wet (i use board shorts)
3. a base layer that will keep you warm if you get wet (rash vest, paddling shirt, polypropylene) NO COTTON!!!!! IF IT GETS WET YOU STAY COLD FOR THE ENTIRE DAY!!!!
4. A Fleece and a light rain jacket (fleece for after paddling but also if you get cold easily, rain jacket to keep you dry from water spray, protect you from wind and the cold).
5. A change of clothes for after kayaking (BRING even if you think you are not going to get wet) Better be safe than sorry.
6. Packed lunch for 2 days
7. Dinner for saturday night, breakfast for sunday morning
7. Water bottle (you can get filtered water at the put-in)
9. camera (its better if waterproof)
10. Dry bag if you have one
11. A sleeping bag
12.A tent if you have one
13. A head light
14. A sense of humour