For more information and RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/photocoterie/calendar/13777551/
Submitting photographs for constructive critique in a small forum of fellow photographers can be a great way to help improve your photography. Please join us at the RED Photographic Studio & Gallery in Pioneer Square for a night of structured and constructive critique. Here's how it will work:
- Photographers are invited to bring one or two "finished" images for group critique (bring a few extra as we may get to more images depending on the size of the group)
- Please put your images in the root folder of a clean USB drive
- Please size all images to 1080 pixels high
- The meeting will start with a brief discussion to establish the parameters of the critique session.
- All photographers in the group will have an opportunity to offer constructive comments in an open discussion of each image.
- Our approach is quite conversational and free of judgment. All styles are welcome.
- If you are uncomfortable offering a critique on other images, this is a good time to learn... we can offer helpful guidelines and critique your critique! :-)
- All photographs will be critiqued on various merits including, but not limited to, technical execution, artistic value, emotional impact, social commentary, etc.
- The goal is to determine if the image stands on its own without input from the photographer. As such, all photographs will be critiqued BEFORE hearing any input from the creating photographer (photographers may choose to remain anonymous)
Our meetings are hosted at the RED Photographic Studio & Gallery in the heart of Pioneer Square at 110 S. Washington Street. We are just 50 feet east of 1st ave on Washington and right on the north edge of historic Occidental Square. Street parking is free after 6:00 PM and paid lots are less than a block away.