addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Photography Group Message Board › cleaning out salt spray on a DSLR

cleaning out salt spray on a DSLR

chris
der.cooney
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
I've got a SLR that throws the occasional memory card error while shooting - this doesn't appear to nuke the card, but it does make shooting harder, and it started after an excursion to oregon, where it met some salt spray.

Has anybody got advice on how to clean the contacts so this stops? I'm sure I'm not the first to run into this.
chris
user 10082566
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 3
You can use isopropyl alcohol on a q-tip to clean the contacts. There might be a better cleaning solution, call around a couple of camera shops and don't forget to check with Best Buy. Never know when you'll get great advice.

Chris
Michael C.
mcline27b
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 161
Have you tried a different card and still occasionally get an error? It could be failing card unrelated to salt spray... I too vote for using rubbing alcohol, ideally the 99% stuff versus 70%.