addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Photography Group Message Board › Ideas for events; Please comment

Ideas for events; Please comment

Michael C.
mcline27b
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
Here are some ideas for upcoming events, please everyone feel free to add to this discussion:

• Tullip Festival day trip, we might include a few other points of interest in the area as well such as deception pass and Mt. Erie, etc. (There is good ice-cream up there too)
  • A "How-to" demonstration on shooting HDR images.
  • Photo Critiques

Kevin
user 3892281
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
I'll second the Tullip festival and the ice cream. Rosario head on the north side of deception pass might be a nice place to check out.

Also, I would be interested in a "photo presentation" that was done after a field trip. I always love seeing how different people view and photograph the same thing differently. I used to live near Discovery Park and would walk there a lot with my camera. However, I usually found it difficult for myself to find compelling photos and would usually end up down at the beach shooting the obvious (read: lighthouse). Anyways, I'd love to see what some real creative people would take away from a place such as this.

I'd also like to attend a model shoot if you do more in the future.

I'd also be up for just some random photo shooting in downtown seattle (people, architecture).

Kevin
Jay B.
user 3765342
Seattle, WA
Additional ideas for events:

-Location based sunsets (Discovery/Alki/Carkeek)
-Model shoots seem to be getting a lot of interest
-I would like to see some slide shows, see what others have done with shooting familar locations around town.
-Love the critiques idea
-Getting together to talk about the business side of photography (building your own photo site, marketing it, which are good online labs to use etc)
Michael C.
mcline27b
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 22
...these are all great ideas, lets keep adding to this list.
A former member
HDR sounds great, since it is kinda hot now a days.
Also more fashion! since it fills up realy fast.
If there would be a studio we could meet, there is the "still life" opportunity.
skye
lollybird
Bellevue, WA
Post #: 20
night photography - most photographers always seem to be glad to be in a group when it comes to wandering around in the dark with a ton of equipment.

head over to issaquah, watch those crazy people jump off the cliff

hike down to the bottom of snoqualmie falls

get a group together and do NW Trek's photographer's tour early in the morning before they let in the regular folks

ride the ferry over to bainbridge island, tour bloedel reserve
Michael C.
mcline27b
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 25
Here is an inexpensive studio we could rent for around $20/hr. It comes with a free lighting kit as well.:

http://thef-stop.com/...­

-Michael
Jay B.
user 3765342
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
Discovery Park runs an annual photo contest and the deadline this year is May 27th. The only rules are that the picture has to be taken somewhere in Discovery Park or nearby Kiwanis Ravine. $15 for your entry of 3 pictures. They have a showing of all entries in August, and pick the winners sometime in July.

Anyway, its a good reason to go out there and take some pics. I'll schedule this as an event, I'm thinking a Thursday or Friday afternoon in April, when perhaps we will be luckier with weather and get a nice sunset.

Mail me if you want more info and entry forms, etc.

Jay
Erika K
MPCricket
Kirkland, WA
All these sound great.

I'd be up for some macro ops too:
-tide pools, spring flowers, bugs, rocks, water. However I'm short on site suggestions in case someone else has some.

-Any multi-vista landscape ops would be great too. Again, I'm just bad at selecting a specific location. Maybe we could team up with the backpacking groups and get some ideas?? Trade with them like the parent-baby group.

-Erika
Michael C.
mcline27b
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 29
Erika,

Speaking as an assistant organizer of the Seattle Backpackers group http://backpackers.me...­ there are certainly opportunities for great hike pictures, or if you act quickly great snowy pictures on the top of mountains. The focus might be on the hiking, but you can always bring a bigger camera and take some extra time setting up your shots.

Alternately we could organize a shorter hike with a great vistas such as Rattlesnake Ledge, Dirty Harry's ledge, Snoqualmie Falls, etc..

Michael