addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Analytic Philosophy Club Message Board › Mind and body: a contemporary overview

Mind and body: a contemporary overview

user 11120815
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 3
Thanks! Interesting! Not exactly what I thought but interesting. Please bear with me. I am yet to familiarize myself with established tenets and definitions of Analytical Philosophy. I have always viewed consciousness as inherently 'non-intentional' (neutral if you will) and nearly synonymus with the purest form of awareness.
David B
user 206887482
Auburn, WA
Post #: 3
we endeavor to avoid inflicting pain on animals, even the ones we eat.
Do you mean in theory? Because in practice, it seems what is done to pigs is horrifyingly cruel. Keeping them in pens where they cannot sit down, lie down, turn around, etc, they experience their version of psychological madness from our treatment.

I just recall the debate about this when that fat pig of a bastard Chris Chrystie, gubbenor of New Jersey stuck his fat finger in legislation in Iowa about pig farms in order to pacify the pig farmers and get their vote when he ran for president. I respected that fat pile of hog slop until I heard about his pandering to Iowa all the way from Jersey, and then all I could see him as was a big steaming pile of pig$hit.