Seattle Analytic Philosophy Club Message Board › Club meetup format

Club meetup format

Victor M.
user 12752879
Seattle, WA
Post #: 156
I want to move the discussion of how we do things at our meetings here. Recently, there has been a little controversy about it.

The club doesn't currently have any hard and fast rules about how we run presentations and discussions. We are fairly open to anyone chiming in after the presenter presents, or even during, if that's ok with the presenter (it is in my case). The presenter can set more specific procedures for the session they are running. We've been pretty loose and open and that's fine with me. Anyone who wants to insert a comment in an ongoing discussion who doesn't feel like just butting in can raise their hand and we'll certainly recognize you.

Having a formal facilitator or a stricter protocol has seemed unnecessary so far.

Again, anyone who has a topic in analytic philosophy they know something about is always invited to present themselves. Lately, it has been Gene, myself and occasionally others who have been doing most of the presenting.

Any comments or suggestions for change are welcome here... but that's the current policy for those who haven't already figured it out.