align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Seattle Analytic Philosophy Club Message Board › Philosophical questions

Philosophical questions

George
user 74564852
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 11
1. What kind of economy is best for philosophy?

I have to crank computer code to pay rent. Meanwhile I have to deal with fierce personalities which are nothing new in the technal field. I need peace of mind to do philosophy. Now I feel like a piece of shit.

My dream job is a lighthouse keeper, a park ranger near the north pole or something like that.
George
user 74564852
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 12
As a passionate skeptic, I constantly question myself whether my anguish has more to do with my neuroticism than the stimutus. My neurotisim score is very high.
George
user 74564852
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 13
Nevertheless, the pain is preverbal, preintellectual, spontaneous, indubitable. My life is better off sans these dumb brutes.
George
user 74564852
Raleigh, NC
Post #: 14
2. How does the brain work? Why can't the brain tell us about itself?

Perhaps what you mean by "understand" is just a description in terms of sensations. I speculate that poets with sufficient verbal prowess to express their feelings are more helpful in solving this problem then scientists. By feelings I mean mental states.

A former member
Post #: 17
The author makes up for what he lacks in thoroughness with astounding breadth and depth of disorientation about every thing.