addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Android Developers GDG Message Board Looking for Work › Freelance hours available

Freelance hours available

Pete D.
petedoyle
Kingston, WA
Post #: 1
Hi All,
I'm looking for part-time Android freelance work. I'm a mid-level Java engineer and work mostly with Java/Android/Groovy/Grails (and by extension Spring/Hibernate).

I've been working with Android for about a year and have spent a ton of time in the following areas:

• MapView and the Location APIs
  • Two way sync utilizing SyncAdapters, ContentProviders, and C2DM.
  • Well behaved ListViews (ViewHolder pattern, onRetainNonConfigurationInstance() for faster screen rotations, ContentObservers to make sure it updates automatically on sync)

For any startups, I also have experience designing and implementing REST APIs that work well in mobile environments.

Thanks,
Pete Doyle
petedoyle [at] gmail.com
360-930-9001 / Cell