Hi Culture Connoisseurs!
Join me for what Seattle Art Museum (SAM) describes as a "late night, creative explosion" to include performances, talks and dancing. There will be several activities going on throughout the evening (see below). The highlight of the evening will be the opportunity to see the new exhibit, Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough: The Treasures of Kenwood House, London. Click here for more information on the exhibit http://seattleartmuseum.org/exhibit/exhibitDetail.asp?eventID=23200. Tickets can be purchased by clicking on the following link and include entry to the exhibit. Tickets cost $25 for non-members and $12 for SAM members http://tickets.seattleartmuseum.org/public/. SAM is offering our group a $5 per person discount for adult non-members. Enter the code "saceremix0313" at checkout.
Here is the event description from SAM's website:
"The night's activities include:
- DJ J-Justice spins soul, pop, hip hop, and more to keep you movin’ all night long.
- Watch some of burlesque’s most provocative characters, the Atomic Bombshells, performing live; inspired by the racy backstories of portraits featured in SAM’s exhibitions.
- Fabulous Fascinators: Create a Downton Abbey-ready headpiece using feathers, ribbon and other bling with artist Janet Fagan.
- Inspired by SAM's global collections, get down with the sounds of New York transplant DJ Jaymz Nylon, ranging from Afro-Latin influences and broken beats to disco and beyond.
- Couture Coiffure: Design a wig fit for the 16th century with artist Romson Bustillo.
- Pictorial Pins: Fashion a becoming brooch inspired by portraits and landscapes from the Kenwood House collection with artist Julie Alpert.
- Musician Amos Miller presents Roger’s Thriftway, a set of performances exploring class and race through the lens of a grocery store in the Central District.
- Artist Walk of Fame: Decorate the stars of celebrity artists featured in SAM’s collection—including Jeff Koons, Cai Guo-Qiang and more—in this collaborative project.
- Artist Atelier: Join artist Alicia Betty Eder for portrait activities featuring live models within a site-specific studio created by Seattle artist Celeste Cooning.
- Hear soprano Linda Tsatsanis and cellist Nathan Whittaker perform baroque and early classical music among the dazzling works featured in Going for Gold.
- Seattle Shakespeare Company: Experience one of the oldest cultural icons, Romeo and Juliet, performed alongside the paintings of its time.
- Experience the galleries in new and unexpected ways with My Favorite Things: Highly Opinionated Tours led by artists, Remix co-hosts and special guests:
- John Frank, SAM Board of Trustees and collector**
- Lorenzo Moog, Seattle artist**
- Anne Siems, Seattle artist
- Anna Rose Telcs, Seattle fashion designer and artist **
- Royal Alley-Barnes, Executive Director, Langston Hughes Performing Arts Institute & Zola Mumford, Curator, Langston Hughes African American Film Festival
- Troy Gua, Seattle artist**
**Rembrandt, Van Dyck, Gainsborough tours meet in the center of the first gallery inside the 4th floor special exhibition galleries.
First 50 in faux feathers get in free!"