Thursday, April 10 – 7:00pm-9:30pm
Last season's A Taste of WSAA event was informative, fun, and inspiring. It was a great opportunity to meet some of our members, learn about some of the astrological techniques they use, and have an all together different format for our membership meeting.
We are having our second Taste of WSAA on Thursday, 10 April 2014, and members are encouraged to submit lecture topics to present at the event.
As before, four members will be elected to present a 25-minute lecture on an astrological topic they are passionate about.
Thursday evening lectures are held at:
Puget Sound Yacht Club
2321 North Northlake Way Seattle, WA[masked]
Event opens at 7:00pm, lecture begins at 7:30pm.
$7 for first-time guests
$15 for returning guests
$7 for current members
- Guidelines for Lecture Submission for A Taste of WSAA -
1. Have a clear title and a brief outline and submit it to John Chinworth, WSAA board member by midnight, 10 February 2014.
2. Membership will vote (using an ongoing online survey) for four presenters to give their talks at the April 2014 meeting.
3. Keep the subject on astrology.
4. Practice your talk. Give your friends a brief preview, or record yourself.
5. If you need use of LCD/screen, or whiteboard and pens, please let us know!
6. Bring enough handouts for about 30 people, if you plan to use them.
7. Think about audience engagement, teaching while having fun, how wonderful astrology is.
8. Keep your talk to 25 minutes. We will give a subtle five-minuteand not-so-subtle one-minute warning.
9. Your lecture will be recorded, so when you’re worldly famous, we can post it on youtube.
10. Be sure that all material presented is your own, and mention those whose ideas you share.