align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Seattle Canasta and Pinochle Meetup Message Board › Let's get started!

Let's get started!

A former member
Post #: 43
Hello, Folks,

I joined this group in August just before I went to Burning Man. I decided then that if I returned and you all had not set up a meet up that I would start looking for a place to get together for some Canasta and Pinochle games.

Well, here we are in October and not a single game!

I am currently living in Auburn and so am not familiar with the comfortable nooks and cranies of Seattle. However, many libraries have "community rooms" of various sizes which can be reserved for group activities - for free, usually. Also, some parks, I noticed, also have community rooms of sorts which I hope we might be able to use for game gatherings.

As another option, Panera Bread, if there are any locations IN Seattle, is a great place for meetups as it helps "fill" the restaurant and they are happy to have the people meeting there patronizing them with a purchase of at least a tea or coffee.

So, please post in this discussion thread any suggestions of places IN Seattle for free or nearly free meetup locations.

Thanks.

Fatima