The Seattle Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board Looking for Groups › Looking for a weekday Pathfinder/3.5 game

Looking for a weekday Pathfinder/3.5 game

Adam G.
user 33824312
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
1015 Queen Anne Ave N, near Key Arena.

I'm a very experienced player/DM for both 3.5 and Pathfinder, and I own many books for both. I'd prefer to play Pathfinder but I'm happy to join in a 3.5 game. I've been DMing a bit too much lately and I'd like to relax with a fun game with fun people. I like being scared in-game, be it through horror or through getting stomped on. It's cathartic. Or succeeding against impossible odds.

I'm willing to invite people into my apartment and host game there, or travel around Seattle/Ballard/Queen Anne/Fremont.

Roleplaying is a big ++ for me and it's reflected in my characters. I prefer high fantasy to realism but I fully recognize how OP magic can get in any system.

I'm looking for a game that starts around 5:30 or 6:00pm and it can go until whenever, maybe 11:00pm.

Toss me ideas or comment in this thread if you're also looking, maybe we can cobble together a group and find a DM.

Edited: Expanded to any day of the week and still looking as of 1/1/13
John
skafalafel
Seattle, WA
Post #: 55
Hey there, I'd be keen on joining a group. Here are my preferences:

-I'd prefer Pathfinder over 3.5. I'll play either but I like the direction PF goes so I'm leaning that way.

-I would prefer to play vs. DM. I've got another group going (probably eventually) and I'll be DMing for them so I'd definitely rather play.

-Thursday > Friday. Fridays are more busy socially for me so I'd prefer Thursday.

I live up in Northgate but have a car and am not afraid to find street parking so that's not an issue for me. I like heavy story and RPing but anything works really. I just want a group of easygoing people who can meet weekly or every other week reliably.

Hit me up if you're still looking.

-John
A former member
Post #: 5
Both of y'all please consider science fiction gaming! I run fleshed out traveller type sci-fi rpg, in a Firefly/Lone Gunmen vein. Do write if you even know anyone ELSE interested in suchlike?
Adam G.
user 33824312
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
Sorry, I'm not interested in sci-fi, maybe Dark Heresy, but I like my D&Ds :).

John, nice to meet you. Parking around here is hell, and just not quite worth bargaining with a devil for a spot. But it almost is that bad. I'll let you know if we organically create a group, though I'd prefer to join an existing one.
Rick L.
user 4083198
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 4
I am part of a D&D 3.5 group that meets Friday evenings in Mountlake Terrace. We are looking for a couple experienced players to replace those who moved away recently. In general we alternate DM duties, with each person running the game for a month or so, then getting to play for a couple months.
Adam G.
user 33824312
Seattle, WA
Thank you for the invite! What time does your group meet?
Rick L.
user 4083198
Lynnwood, WA
Our group starts 6:30 to 7:00 Fridays and goes until between midnight and 2:00.
Irish
Xivvit
Seattle, WA
Post #: 18
When is your next game night, and do you have still have a seat available?
Rick L.
user 4083198
Lynnwood, WA
Post #: 6
We play every Friday night (except when two or more people aren't available). Send me an email at pahtar@yahoo.com if you want details.
Adam G.
user 33824312
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Still looking for a local game 1/1/13