The Seattle Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group Message Board Looking for Groups › Player looking for Pathfinder group in Seattle

Player looking for Pathfinder group in Seattle

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello,

I would like to find a Pathfinder group nearby. I guess I would also settle for D&D 4th ed, but I think Pathfinder might be more my style.

I DM'd a group of friends through High School and would like to get back into it. I ran a loose good-times game, but with a serious consistent universe and all that. I like a campaign that is creative and fun. For example, I tried a session with a group a while ago, and it seemed to be all about "Your fireball has killed 17 goblins, you still have 34 goblins remaining," "Oh Paladin rules are so annoying," and other boringness. I like cool fights and good fleshed out characters, and don't mind a little role-playing, although I'm probably mostly the "Okay, my character says..." sort.

But maybe I'm wrong and I'd like whatever. If you a running a group or starting one and you think I'd fit and you're in mainland Seattle, let me know

One caveat is that I have erratic work hours, so I might have to miss a session now and then. I know, that sucks, but it is what it is for now.
A former member
Post #: 2
Oh yeah, to be clear, I'm looking to join as a player. I bought the Pathfinder core book a while back and am working my way through it.
Walter L.
user 21928821
Seattle, WA
Post #: 9
hey there. i run two games one every other Friday night and the other every opposite Saturday night. We are on the north end of things shoreline and all. and i have a board game gathering on the last Thursday of every month. send me and e-mail if you want to get more info. panzerwalt at gmail dot com
A former member
Post #: 3
Thanks Walter, could be good. I think for now I'm looking for something downtown / Cap Hill / U District. A short commute is important. It's odd, I don't seem to see anyone talking about home games in the Seattle core.
Adam B.
user 10086010
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hey Michael, don't know if you've found a game yet. There's an ongoing discussion here­ about forming a game in Seattle. Right now we've got the beginnings of a weeknight game in Montlake.

If your schedule is erratic, you might be interested in Pathfinder Society, which offers one-off scenarios that give you a chance to develop a portable character that you can take to other groups. They also tend to feature combat over roleplaying, which seems your style. There are weekly sessions at game shops in Greenlake and the U District. Info is at nwpfs.org.