Join us Tuesday evenings for some wonderful "Foxtrot" and "NC2S" dance classes at China Harbor in Seattle. If you can't make it Tuesday, check out our Seattle classes on Sunday or Wednesday below. We look forward to seeing you there!
Full details and registration are at www.rolluptherug.com
THREE SUNDAY's: (Feb 24-Mar 10) PLEASE NOTE: Sunday's classes are held at the YUPPIE TAVERN in Totem Lake. Classes will be followed by LIVE BLUES music (free) & socializing
SUNDAY's THEME: "Introduction to blues dance and dance connection!", CLASS LEVEL: All Levels
- 5:00-6:00pm: "Intro to Blues Dance" - Learn the basics of this very expressive, versitile, musical dance form that will become the foundation to every other dance style you will learn. Perfect for both beginning dancers or for more experienced dancers who want to work on fine-tuning their partnering, connection, and musicality skill. SPECIAL BONUS: Each class will be followed by a live blues music practica (free) from 6-9pm! All welcome - No Partner Needed. CLASS SIZE IS LIMITED, SO SIGN UP EARLY
- 6:00-9:00pm: "Live Blues Music @ The Yuppie Tavern!" (FREE) - A great opportunity to practice what you learned in the blues class, or to just come down and enjoy the sultry sounds of late Sunday afternoon blues.
FOUR TUESDAY's: (Feb 12-March 5), plus free guided practice until 9:45pm. PLEASE NOTE: The TUESDAY NIGHT classes are held at China Harbor (See directions below)
TUESDAY THEME: "Let's invent!", CLASS LEVEL: Intermediate (some basic dance experience required)
- 7:00-8:00: "Fantastic Mr. Foxtrot" - Transport yourself back to the wonderful big band era of the 1930's-1940's by learning the most popular dance of that period - the fabulous Foxtrot! We'll start by reviewing the basic footwork & foundations, then quickly move on to fun box-step and traveling variations & stylings as well as introduce a little modern music to the equation. Perfect for adv beg/int level dancers (non-novice). Some familiarity with basic social dance required.
- 8:15-9:15: "Night Club 2-Step II: Fun Combinations" - Learn a variety of fun, innovative combinations from Ari's unique library of moves and inventions; beautiful, flowing, and elegant as always. Perfect for int/adv level NC2S-ers. CLICK HERE to see an example of NC2S.
- 9:15-9:45: Guided Practice and Social (FREE)
FOUR WEDNESDAY's: (Feb 13 -Mar 6),plus free guided practice until 9:45pm. PLEASE NOTE: The WEDNESDAY NIGHT classes are held at China Harbor! (See directions below)
WEDNESDAY THEME: "The Blues-Swing Spectrum!"
- 7:00-8:00: "Intro to 'Club' Style Salsa"- Salsa is an extremely versatile dance style that can also be done to a wide variety of non-Latin music, such as blues, pop, soul, and country. In this class we'll cover the essential salsa 'building-block' steps and stylings, then quickly move onto explore more fun, creative combinations against a backdrop of both traditional "latin" and contemporary "club" music. Perfect for anyone joining us for our April Caribbean Cruise where you'll be dancing these steps in Puerto Rico!. Ideal to take in conjunction with the 8:15pm "Night Club 2-Step" class. (Level: All Levels) All welcome - No partner needed.
- 8:15-9:15: "Night Club 2-Step I: Foundations" - Learn the foundations of this beautiful, flowing, & elegant dance style, starting with the basics, then quickly moving on to the six essential turning steps, peak-a-boos, mix-masters, and even more fun conbo's & variations from Ari's repertoire of fun, original moves. Perfect for beg/int level dancers or for more int/adv dancers who want to review the essentials. CLICK HERE to see an example of NC2S. (Level: Beg/Int) All welcome - No partner needed.
- 9:15-9:45: Guided Practice and Social (FREE)
- All Sunday classes will be held at the Yuppie Tavern, 12031 NE Totem Lake Way, Kirkland, WA (behind the Totem Lake Mall). Pleanty of parking just outside the door. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. Stay after for live music, socializing, dining, dancing...
- All Tuesday & Wednesday classes will be held at China Harbor, 2040 Westlake Ave N., Seattle, WA. There is plenty of free parking available. Doors to the dance hall open at 6:45. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. China Harbor has a full bar and dinner menu as well.
Sundays at the Yuppie Tavern (Totem Lake): The Sunday class series includes 3 hours of instruction, 1.5 hours of guided practice, and 9 hours of live music. *SPACE IS LIMITED*
Tues/Wed's at the China Harbor (Seattle): Each Tues/Wed class series includes over 4 hrs of instruction, 2.5 hrs of guided practice, and admission to the Tuesday or Wednesday Night Dance Practice at China Harbor!
- One 4-week series = $55
- Two 4-week series = $100 ($10 savings)
- Three 4-week series = $150 ($15 savings)
- Four 4-week series = $200 ($20 savings)
TO REGISTER & PAY: Click on the "Registration" button in the menu on the top left side of this page to go to the Registration Page.
Payment can be made from thePayment page using PayPal or a credit card, or by check sent by mail, or paid at the door just before the first class. Payment by check will help you to avoid the additional online PayPal surcharge.
Class size is limited, so register early!