Join us Tuesday evenings for some wonderful intermediate level "Foxtrot" and "NC2S" dance classes at China Harbor in Seattle. If you can't make it Tuesday, check out our Beginning level Seattle classes on Wednesday or our Thursday "Intro to Blues" classes in Kirkland below. We look forward to seeing you there!
Full details and registration are at www.rolluptherug.com
FIVE TUESDAY's: (April 23 - May 21), plus free guided practice until 9:45pm. PLEASE NOTE: The TUESDAY NIGHT classes are held at China Harbor (See directions below)
TUESDAY THEME: "Let's invent!", CLASS LEVEL: Intermediate (some basic dance experience required)
- 7:00-8:00: "Fantastic Mr. Foxtrot" - Transport yourself back to the wonderful big band era of the 1930's-1940's by learning the most popular dance of that period - the fabulous Foxtrot! We'll start by reviewing the basic footwork & foundations, then quickly move on to fun box-step and traveling variations & stylings as well as introduce a little modern music to the equation. Perfect for adv beg/int level dancers (non-novice). Some familiarity with basic social dance required.
- 8:15-9:15: "Night Club 2-Step II: Fun Combinations" - Learn a variety of fun, innovative combinations from Ari's unique library of moves and inventions; beautiful, flowing, and elegant as always. Perfect for int/adv level NC2S-ers. CLICK HERE to see an example of NC2S.
- 9:15-9:40: Guided Practice for class participants
FIVE WEDNESDAY's: (April 24 - May 22), plus free guided practice until 9:45pm. PLEASE NOTE: The WEDNESDAY NIGHT classes are held at China Harbor! (See directions below)
WEDNESDAY THEME: "The Blues-Swing Spectrum!"
- 7:00-8:00: Intro to "Balboa - East Coast Swing" Fusion - "Balboa" is a phenomenal, close-connection, ragtime jazz era dance typically done to faster Charleston-style swing music. "East Coast Swing (ECS)" utilizes a simple six-count basic step, and is often viewed as the starter kit for learning other related forms of swing dance (ie: Lindy, Shag, Charleston, West-Coast Swing, Balboa, etc).
In this class series, we'll explore the world of "Bal-East Coast Swing Fusion" -- how to seamlessly transition between ECS and Balboa movements (One of Ari's specialties & original swing-fusion innovations!). We'll also dive into some of Ari's favorite bal-swing combinations, but in this case, ones which can be done to a much slower East Coast Swing tempo.
Ideal to take in conjunction with the 8:15pm "Night Club 2-Step" class. (Level: Beg/Int. Should know basic ECS steps and under-arm turns. You do not need to know balboa) All welcome - No partner needed.
- 8:15-9:15: "Night Club 2-Step I: Foundations" - Learn the foundations of this beautiful, flowing, & elegant dance style, starting with the basics, then quickly moving on to the six essential turning steps, peak-a-boos, mix-masters, and even more fun combo's & variations from Ari's repertoire of fun, original moves. Perfect for beg/int level dancers or for more int/adv dancers who want to review the essentials. CLICK HERE to see an example of NC2S. (Level: Beg/Int) All welcome - No partner needed.
- 9:15-9:40: Guided Practice for class particpants
2nd & 4th Thursdays: (Mar 28 - May 23) PLEASE NOTE: Thursday's drop-in classes are held at the TOP SHELF BROILER in Kirkland. (See directions below). Classes will be followed by free LIVE BLUES music & socializing, with dinner and drinks available at the restaurant.
Thursday's THEME: "Introduction to blues dance and dance connection!", CLASS LEVEL: All Levels
- 7:00-8:00pm: "Intro to Blues" DROP-IN CLASS - Learn the basics of this very expressive, versitile, musical dance form that will become the foundation to every other dance style you will learn. Perfect for both beginning dancers or for more experienced dancers who want to work on fine-tuning their partnering, connection, and musicality skill. SPECIAL BONUS: Each class will be followed by a live blues music practica (free) from 8-11pm! All welcome - No Partner Needed. Pre-register to pay with PayPal or credit card ($9), or pay at the door by cash or check ($10).
- 8:00-11:00pm: "Live Blues Music @ Top Shelf!" (FREE) - A great opportunity to practice what you learned in the blues class, or to just come down and enjoy the sultry sounds of late Sunday afternoon blues. Stay for dinner and beverages while enjoying the music and dance!
- All Thursday classes will be held at the Top Shelf Broiler, 85 Kirkland Ave, Kirkland, WA (formerly "Olive You" in the heart of downtown Kirkland). Plenty of street parking just outside the door and in the lot down the street. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. Stay after for live music, socializing, dining, dancing...
- All Tuesday & Wednesday classes will be held at China Harbor, 2040 Westlake Ave N., Seattle, WA. There is plenty of free parking available. Doors to the dance hall open at 6:45. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. China Harbor has a full bar and dinner menu as well.
Thursdays at the Top Shelf Broiler (Kirkland): The Thursday Drop-In classes include 1 hour of instruction, and 1/2 hr of guided practice during the dance that follows.
- On-Line Payment (PayPal or CC) = $9
- At the Door (Cash or Check only) = $10
Tues/Wed's at the China Harbor (Seattle): Each Tues/Wed class series includes 5 hrs of instruction, and 2.5 hrs of guided practice following the second class.
- One 5-week series = $65
- Two 5-week series = $120 ($10 savings)
- Three 5-week series = $180 ($15 savings)
- Four 5-week series = $240 ($20 savings)
TO REGISTER & PAY: Click on the "Registration" button in the menu on the top left side of the www.rolluptherug.com page.
Payment can be made from the Payment page at www.rolluptherug.com using PayPal or a credit card, or by check sent by mail, or paid at the door just before the first class. Payment by check will help you to avoid the additional online PayPal surcharge.
Class size is limited, so register early!