FOUR TUESDAY's: (Nov 12th-Dec 10th. No class Nov 26), plus free guided practice until 9:45pm.
• 7:00-8:00: Intro to "Blues-Latin Fusion!" - Start by learning the basics of blues -- a very expressive, versatile, musical dance form that will become the foundation to every other dance style you will learn, then add a little Salsa & Latin fusion to give it some spice and flair at the mid-tempo range! Perfect for both beginning dancers or for more experienced dancers who want to work on fine-tuning their partnering, connection, and musicality skill, learning how to break in out of rhythmic patterns. Great music, and a TON of fun! All levels welcome - No Partner Needed.
• 8:15-9:15: "Swinging the Blues" - Building on our blues foundation, we learn to incorporate higher energy swing into our steps, as well as to explore alternate rhythms and fun, improvisational stylings. Perfect for both beginning dancers or experienced dancers who want to focus on partnering and connection while learning a whole lot more about dancing outside the box. Fun! Fun! Fun! Even more perfect if taken together with the 7:00pm "Blues for the soul" class. (All levels welcome - No Partner Needed)
• 9:15-9:40: Guided Practice for class participants
FOUR WEDNESDAY's: (Nov 13th-Dec 11th. No class Nov 27), plus free guided practice until 9:45pm. PLEASE NOTE: The WEDNESDAY NIGHT classes are held at China Harbor! (See directions below)
• 7:00-8:00: "Cha Cha - Outside the Box" - Ever wondered how cha cha, salsa, rhumba, and west coast swing all intersect? Or how you can steal moves from one and apply them to the other? Find out in our new Cha Cha Series where we'll quickly review the cha cha basics, then learn how to cross-pollinate all of these dance forms, but still make them feel like cha cha. A VERY unique approach to playful, improvisational dance you won't want to miss. Perfect for adv beg/int level dancers (non-novice). Some familiarity with basic social dance recommended. Ideal to take in conjunction with the 8:15pm "Night Club 2-Step" class. (Level: Non-novice Beg/Int. All welcome - No partner needed)
• 8:15-9:15: "Night Club 2-Step" -- Unique Combos: We start by reviewing the foundations of this beautiful, flowing, & elegant dance style, then quickly move on to some terrific unique combinations & variations from Ari's repertoire of fun, original moves. CLICK HERE to see an example of NC2S. (Level: Non-novice Beg/Int) All welcome - No partner needed).
• 9:15-9:40: Guided Practice for class participants
TWO THURSDAY "Stand-Alone" WORKSHOP's: 7:00-9:00pm (with Wine & Cheese Social 9:00-9:45pm) PLEASE NOTE: These workshops are held at a PRIVATE HOME STUDIO in the Eastlake neighborhood of Seattle (Directions to be given upon registration)
NOV 14th, 2013: "Advanced Concepts in Partnering & Connection" The hallmark of advanced dancers is that they are aware of and utilize energy, direction, momentum, rotation, and tension in their partnership more than just memorizing footwork or patterns. Understanding these concepts opens up an exciting world of possibility for improvisation and "conversational" movement in your dance. In this workshop you'll gain a whole new level of appreciation for the art of dancing at the level of a whisper, then learning to power up from there. In this workshop we'll focus primarily on compression and extension in creating rotational movement. Informative, engaging, insightful, fun!. (All welcome - No partner needed but always encouraged!)
NOV 21st, 2013: "4-Dimensional Connection" Take your dancing to the next level with the 4-D experience: "See it, Hear it, Feel it, Express it". Another in our series of advanced partnering and connections workshops, in this class we'll play with how to add individual expression and musicality to your partnering. Expressions are elements that you can either do independently from your partner or together (if you know how to lead it!). Musicality is awareness of how your movements & energy reflect the energy, rhythm, and arc of the music you're listening to. The secret is in learning how to garnish your dance with this kind of pizazz, but not take anything away from your partnership. This class takes you to that next level. (All Levels welcome - No partner needed)
• All Tuesday & Wednesday classes will be held at China Harbor, 2040 Westlake Ave N., Seattle, WA. There is plenty of free parking available. Doors to the dance hall open at 6:45. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. China Harbor has a full bar and dinner menu as well.
• All Thursday workshops will be held at a Private Studio in the Eastlake Neighborhood of Seattle. Detailed directions will be sent upon registration. Come early to sign in, change shoes, stretch, warm up, etc. Stay after for the guided practice, socializing, & schmoozing.
TUES & WED: Each Tues or Wed class series includes 4 hrs of instruction, and 3 hrs of guided practice following the second class. Classes are designed to be taken in pairs (ie, take both together each night)
• One 4-week series = $50
• Two 4-week series = $95 ($5 savings)
• STUDENTS (under age 25): $35 per class series
THURSDAYs: Each Thursday stand-alone workshop includes 2 hrs of instruction, plus a guided practice and wine & cheese social to follow.
• One Workshop = $25
• Both Workshops = $45 ($5 savings)
STUDENTS (under age 25): $20 per workshop
TO REGISTER & PAY: Go to www.rolluptherug.com Click on the "Registration" button in the menu on the top left side of this page to go to the Registration Page.
Payment can be made from the Payment page using PayPal or a credit card, or by check sent by mail, or paid at the door just before the first class. Payment by check will help you to avoid the additional online PayPal surcharge.
Class size is limited, so register early!