addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Node.js Message Board › Optimal Configuration for Node.Js server

Optimal Configuration for Node.Js server

Sean K.
user 6695553
Redmond, WA
Post #: 2
Since there is not a forthcoming meetup planned, I thought I'd put this out here instead of waiting until the next meetup.

I've been working on standing up an Ubuntu Server in VirtualBox for local testing and hopefully as a guide to eventually building something out on Rackspace (or ?). Anyway another nodule/nodejser mentioned off the cuff at one of our meetups using nginx to loadbalance to 4 instances of node.js as the way to go. I've been heading down that direction and bumping into a number of other recommended practices such as using upstart or monit or cluster to keep the instance up if/when they fail for some reason.

A really interesting post that tries to tie all the above together with LVS and keepalived can be found here (­)

Anyway, I'm starting to get paralyzed by the number of choices out there and was wondering what the collective wisdom of the group would be on building a scaleable server? What things should I make sure to do and not do so that I don't paint myself into a corner?

Thanks for your time,
Sean K.
user 6695553
Redmond, WA
Post #: 3
I finally figured out how I wanted to do this and made it available at­

A former member
Post #: 1
What about ELB in front of a few EC2 instances?