|Sent on:||Saturday, January 5, 2013 3:05 PM|
Happy New Year, SPG Meetup Members!
Hope that the recent holiday season was a connecting and abundant time for all of you. In this time of making resolutions for 2013, I’d like to share that one of mine is to inspire more permaculture activities on Seattle Permaculture Guild Meetup.
Fellow SPG Meetup Organizer, Steve Tracy, and I recently discussed ideas for different types of “official” Meetups that could happen this coming year. We’ve gotten away from “official” Meetups in the last year or so (shared more "outside" classes, PDC's). It’s time to get back to a wider variety of ways to connect and learn from each other in our amazing permaculture community, and have more free and low cost options.
I’d like to share what we discussed as well as solicit ideas from all of you.
What types of Meetups would you like to participate in this year?
Would you be willing to host a permaculture-related Meetup? What topic and when?
Some of our ideas for SPG Meetups:
1. Regular Monthly Meetups at North SeaTac Park (which includes Highline Botanical Garden - orchard & more); use our observational skills throughout the year and be lead by different experts and non-experts on various permie topics – Hosted by Steve Tracy
2. Movie Nights – gather at various SPG Meetup members homes and/or other venues to watch and discuss movies of interest – Hosted by variety people; Kimberly willing to host one in January (anyone have good movie suggestions?)
3. Casual Meetups - socialize and get to know one another; potluck or not – Hosted by variety of people; Kimberly willing to host one in February
4. Skillsharing – share our knowledge and skills (i.e., plant propagation, pruning, harvesting, solar, water harvesting, & much more) and help each other get permaculture-related projects accomplished; no need to be an expert!
5. Regular Quarterly(?) Meetups in Regions of Seattle (NW, NE, SW, and SE) and/or Neighborhoods – many ways that this manifest – see http://neighborsonpurpose.com for inspiration; Hosted by variety of people
This list is to get us started! More ideas for SPG Meetup coming…please share your creativity, offerings, and ideas with me soon.
To Good Health, Connection, Peace, & Abundance in 2013,