add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Seattle Permaculture Meetup Message Board › Permaculture Now intern looking for co-housing in Wallingford/Fremont or sur

Permaculture Now intern looking for co-housing in Wallingford/Fremont or surrounding areas

Alexander D.
user 79924182
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi everyone!

I am moving out to Seattle in March to take an internship with Jenny Pell and Permaculture Now and am seeking a shared living situation to meet some cool people and save on rent.

Hopefully I will be keeping myself fairly busy working in permaculture design and education as well as landscape installation and urban forestry/gardening part-time jobs, and exploring the natural spaces in the surrounding areas.

I love to cook healthy meals and like to bake sourdough bread a few times a week. As I am working in urban agriculture, I will have most likely access to lots of fresh produce during the growing season to share with housemates. I have organized and managed community gardens for 2 years, and have been gardening my whole life so if you have garden space or even flower beds I would love to help out with that if you're interested. Additionally, I am trained as an Arborist so if you have any trees that need maintenance, pruning, or just a little love I can help out there as well. Also I will be driving out in a full-size pick-up that I am very happy to share the use of. The main reason I own it is to help out friends with projects and moving.

In addition to the above, my hobbies include backpacking, biking, climbing, kayaking, and making crafts and structures. I hope to be out adventuring most weekends and spending at least a few nights a week at the climbing gym.

For me, an optimal space would have lots of light, animals, and a wood-shop, but I am not at all picky, and will consider any offers.

I am a recent college grad, but I have been living in Co-ed shared houses with adults for many years and have the disposition and conscience to make it work well for everyone. I have lived on farm communities hours from nowhere, and co-houses right on main street, and have not had a negative experience yet.
I like to keep a clean house and definitely clean up after myself. Anyone who knows me would say I am definitely easy to get along with, kind, conscientious, laid-back, and no-drama. I love all kinds of people and can appreciate and respect any kind of lifestyle that you enjoy.

I am also quite handy with tools and repair-work, and enjoy helping out around the house with maintenance, repairs, and yard-work. If you are interested in trading a portion of rent for yard-work, repairs, maintenance, cooking, animal care etc... that would be awesome, although I can also afford to pay rent in cash in full if that is preferred.

My phone number is 571-271-1998, I am in the city until Sunday afternoon and plan to move out First week of March. Please give me a call or email me at if you have a room available. We could meet up today or tomorrow, or do a skype session so we can at least see each other face-to-face.

I am very eager to get involved with this group, and meet some like-minded folks, I can already tell that this city is going to be a great fit for me.

Thank you for considering me, and I look forward to meeting with you. Feel free to add me as a friend me on facebook or contact me that way if you prefer.

Alexander Darr