addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Permaculture Meetup Message Board › Looking for land for a future tiny house

Looking for land for a future tiny house

Samantha
siempresam
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 13
Hi everyone - it's been a while since I've been to a Meetup, but I wanted to reach out to the permaculture community.

I have recently decided to have a tiny house built for myself (at the moment, I am fairly certain that I am going to go for this design). I am interested in doing it for financial reasons (I want to reduce my living expenses and save more money for retirement, etc.). At the moment my preference is to build it on wheels (a trailer), which will give me flexibility to take my home with me if I choose to move elsewhere.

Before I move forward with building however, I am interested in finding a location to live. I'd rather stay in a town or city (I'm currently in Seattle), but I am also open to living a little further out. My biggest concern is that I don't want to be isolated, plus I am a full-time professional and I occasionally have to commute to my client in Redmond.

Does anyone know of land that is or could be available to lease or to buy in Snohomish County or King County? I don't need a ton of space; mainly I just need space for the tiny house, plus I am considering building a smaller, matching art studio (or renting someone's basement or garage for an art space) to do pottery. I also would like to have a small garden, of course. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
SteveT
DomemanSteve
Seattle, WA
Post #: 11
Hi Samantha,
Do you know about the Tiny House Meetup? http://www.meetup.com...­
I met one of the organizers a few moths back and I believe she said she had built one out in Monroe. You might get some help locating property from them, too.
I am currently working on a design for a trailer-able geodesic dome. It will unfold to be wider(about 14ft) versus the 8'6" limit for trailing and the length can be longer than 14ft. Could send you a sketchup drawing if you are interested in seeing my design. If you need help building your tiuny house I would love to help.
:)Steve

Samantha
siempresam
Sammamish, WA
Post #: 14
Hi Steve! Thanks for the response - I actually just joined their group a few days ago, and have been asking about parking issues there. :) Someone suggested Montana, which is not exactly western Washington! Still, I'll keep asking to see if anyone else has any recommendations.

Would be fun to see your design. I'm always quite curious at what others are doing. Feel free to drop me a line at wasabisam@gmail.com. I am not ready to build yet, but if I do need help, I will most certainly let you know.