Seattle Permaculture Meetup Message Board › Seeking a partner for permaculture farming

Seeking a partner for permaculture farming

Tessa L.
user 13156993
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this group and was hoping to do a little networking to find someone or (several someones perhaps) to partner with in my permaculture endeavors. About a year ago I moved to a 5 acre piece of land in Gold Bar, with the intention of creating a small working permaculture farm. The site is S facing, forested on about half of it, with 180degree mountain views. Over the last year myself with help from family have built a good size poultry house for ducks and chickens (or whoever), 2 ponds, swales, some garden beds, hugel beds, fencing on the top 2.5 acres (which is the developed area) a goat house that looks like a hobbit house, a huge root cellar, and most recently a 400 sq ft greenhouse/office/mudroom and a tiny house for me. There's also 2 small sheds and a woodshed in progress.

While a lot has been done, a lot more needs doing and I'm only one person. I'd love to find a partner to work on this with, and build an actual business based on the land. Professionally, my ideal person would have a background in managing or working a farm (I have zero expertise here), marketing and sales of produce/plants/crafts etc, be physically able to help with work, and hopefully have some ideas about how to set the business up in a way that's good for all parties involved. I'm not able to "pay" someone for this, hence the partnership idea.

Also possible is living for free on the land (there's a hideous but functional 3 bdrm trailer here from the previous owner which I'm currently in while the cabin is being finished) but pay the electric bill, and the ability to eat for free whatever food can be raised/grown/hunted here. Beyond this, I don’t know how the arrangements would work, but I figure if you’re interested, we could get into that. I’m open to ideas, including parking your own tiny house or trailer on the property.

About me: I’m 31, single, no kids but 1 dog and 2 cats. I’m spiritual but not at all religious, a foodie, intellectual, environmentalist, creative/artistic, possibly too serious but pretty chill, don’t drink much and don’t do drugs, and am getting really into learning/adopting the old ways of life, from plant medicines to natural dyes. Not sure what other lifestyle points to hit here, but feel free to ask. I’d like to find someone to work with who is social, organized, outgoing, and who has at least mostly the same values as I do. I don’t care about gender, sexual orientation, education/job history, age, relationship status (your family and pets are welcome here). I see this as being a long-term partnership ideally with an initial trial period of 6 mo to a year to see how it all goes.

If interested, you can let me know here, or email me directly at themossgirl@yahoo.com
Thanks!