This 3-hour hands-on workshop is for photographers familiar with their cameras who want to take it to the next level. Prepare for an upcoming vacation or just improve your skills with Alan Lawrence in this intimate workshop. We'll expand your awareness of composition and seeing the best light for your images. We will also discuss exposure, advanced use of shutter speed and aperture, bracketing, using exposure compensation to get that perfect exposure, using available light as well as a flash and more. You will learn how to use the controls of your camera to achieve that perfect exposure and focus.
- Using ISO, Aperture & Shutter speed in combination to achieve the proper exposure
- Camera settings to expose properly without making too many changes
- Utilizing on and off-camera flash for better lighting
- Achieving proper depth of field
- Understanding lens compression when composing a shot
- Composition and shooting tips
- Defining and fine-tuning focus and metering settings
- Much more
After an introduction, we'll walk the market and learn how to shoot in the various environments offered at this great location. We will learn how to see with fresh vision and capture the image we want.
You will want to bring:
One or Two lenses
Feel free to email me if you have any questions. You should already have a basic knowledge of how to operate your camera.
Limited to 8 people to allow lots of one-on-one instruction. 4 attendees are required for the class to happen. Parking is easy and free at 9am plus the light is really good at that time. Rain or shine.
Alan Lawrence is the founder of the Seattle Photography Club. He teaches workshops through the club and is an instructor of photography at Bellevue College, Cascadia Community College and Photographic Center Northwest.