addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Photography Club Message Board Seattle Photography Club Discussion Forum › Scammers are demanding ransom for photos

Scammers are demanding ransom for photos

Margie N.
user 59863572
Seattle, WA
Post #: 2
I received an email from Smugmug yesterday sharing with me the apparent hacks from an IP address in Qatar trying to break into my site and into my galleries. Today, I heard on the news that a groups in getting into peoples photo files on their computers and changing to encrypted. They are demanding a high ransom for the encryption key. If you don't pay (why would you) they come back in and wipe out the photos. I recommend you check your security system and run a scan. I also put all of mine in the cloud and have a backup drive. It is desperate times.....
A former member
Post #: 5
Thanks for the notification!