addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle PyLadies Message Board › New Co-Organizer!

New Co-Organizer!

Claire
user 39990572
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to post a quick note to introduce myself as the new Pyladies Seattle co-organizer. I've just moved to the area from San Francisco, where I was active in SF Pyladies. The workshops I attended there taught me Python and even helped me get a promotion in my last job from Technical Writer to Programmer/Analyst. I'm extremely grateful for the experience, and I'm hoping that I can share what I've learned with all of you!

Stephanie and I have lots of meetup ideas and we're eager to hear yours as well. We're hoping to start up some periodic events, learning workshops, maybe even a hackathon or some lightning talks. Let us know what you think!

-Claire
Cathy
cesullivan
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Welcome to Seattle. I love python but I'm working as a .NET web dev. Way too much to learn!

Cathy
Claire
user 39990572
Seattle, WA
Post #: 6
Thanks Cathy! There is way too much to learn! I'm still just learning Python myself, I come from a science background (not computer science) so the only language I really knew (besides a bit of C/C++) before Python was IDL, which is only used by a small subset of academics.