Welcome to the Seattle Running Club on Meetup. We are a Seattle based running club with a long history in Trail Running, Cross Country, Road Running and giving back to eh community via Trail Work Parties on Cougar, Squak and Tiger Mountains.
Many of our group runs are on Meetup, the rest are posted on our web site. http://www.seattlerun...
We realize runners come from many backgrounds and fitness levels all the way from "I just started running" to elite athletes. In our club you will find a running partner no matter what your skill or fitness level is. Here are some opportunities to run with us.
1. Group Road Runs starting from our partner stores. These range from 3 to 8 miles, happen Tuesday and Thursday evenings and are open to anyone.
Fleet Feet Seattle on Capitol Hill: http://www.fleetfeets...
The Balanced Athlete in Renton: http://www.thebalance...
2. Sunday Trail Runs (see "Trail Running Adventures" on Meetup) - These usually break up into at least two groups right from the start, one casual group runs about 6 miles, the other more focused group may run up to 15.
3. Destination Runs - Throughout the spring, summer and fall we seek out spectacular running destinations that are outside of our immediate trail network (Cougar, Squak and Tiger Mountains). These runs are usually 20-30 miles and on occasion up to 50 miles. You need to be experienced to attend but we all regroup, take pictures and the goal is to enjoy the day.
4. Race Prep Runs - These runs take place on the trails of an upcoming race to help you familiarize yourself with the course. We run trails that are used in SRC sponsored races and in other major NW events.
5. Lake Union Lunch Run (on Meetup) - Road run that meets every Wednesday, 6-8 miles (2 pace groups; 7:30 and 9:00).
6. Interval Training - See SRC website group runs. These are Wednesday evenings for those who want to get faster.
7. Cross Country - We have a cross country team that is right just like high school and college. We have men and women teams both open and masters. The end of the season is USATF nationals team competition. You are invited to try cross country. See SRC website under teams.
Come join us on the road or trails!
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|About Seattle Running Club||March 17, 2014 1:00 PM||Win Van P.|