Seattle Area Sea Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board › Skills Development Discussions › Seattle Mountaineer Sea Kayak Basic starts April 10, 2012
This Sea Kayaking Basics course is offered once each year by the Seattle Branch. All instruction is offered in single sea kayaks with bulkheads or approved flotation by the best ACA certified instructors
Throughout a series of lectures and on-water instruction, the following topics are covered:
1) Equipment used in coastal kayaking.
2) Cold water - and how to dress for it.
3) Knowledge of the sea: weather, waves, tides and currents.
4) Safety at sea: charts, navigation, buoyage, communication and marine rules of the road.
5) Rescues and the importance of teamwork.
6) Paddling and maneuvering skills - the effects of wind, waves and current on boat behavior.
7) Physical conditioning.
8) Protection of the marine environment.
Check out more at: Mountaineer Seattle Sea Kayak Basic