addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Seattle Area Sea Kayaking Meetup Group Message Board Navigation Q&A Forum › Internet links to Currents, Charts, and Navigation aids

Internet links to Currents, Charts, and Navigation aids

user 2905099
Seattle, WA
Post #: 8
Current and Tide Charts

50/90 Rule: "… the speed of the current at the end of each hour." Counting from slack, the current will flow at 50% of its maximum speed at the end of the first hour, 90% at the end of the second hour and full 100% or maximum speed at the end of the third hour and then back to zero with the same steps. The full rule should be stated as 0/50/90/100/90/50/0.

NOAA Weather

NOAA Nautical Charts

Other good websites and apps:
Deep Zoom has a Windows app for currents as well as an online version.

You can find an Android version called "Currents". You can read about it here:­

Also the Marine Weather app and one of the many freight traffic app's are also useful.

David T
user 7035039
Kenmore, WA
Post #: 1
I love Deep Zoom. It and WeatherSpark are my two go-to webapps for paddling planning.

I would love to find an IOS or Android app that visualized currents the ways Deep Zoom does. On IOS, I usually use Garmin BlueChart Mobile for planning purposes. I've yet to find anything as polished on Android.