addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Urban Homesteaders Message Board › New Meetup: Make Biodiesel

New Meetup: Make Biodiesel

A former member
Announcing a new Meetup for Urban Homesteaders!

What: Make Biodiesel
When: Sunday, July 31, 2011 10:00 AM

Where: Kandice's House
6040 28th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115

Come on over to my place and I'll walk you through the process of making a 25 gallon batch of biodiesel. I'll have a batch that's about to come out of the reactor tank, and then we'll start a new batch once it's out. It should take 2-3 hours. Most of this will take place in an open driveway, but it does involve some pretty unhealthy fumes. So please, this is not appropriate for children or anyone with a chemical sensitivity. I've been doing this for years and nothing has ever gone wrong, but let's not take any chances. Wear grubby clothes and closed toe shoes. We'll be working with old, smelly fryer oil and methanol and lye (or potassium hydroxide). Bring light gloves and protective eye wear if you have them.

Check it out!
Ginger
user 7933206
Kent, WA
Post #: 132
This is probably a silly question, but what do you do with the biodiesel?
brian m.
user 47291502
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Hi I am new to the group and my primary goal is to learn how to process biodiesel, im not sure how this meetup thing works but was wondering how to initiate a "meeting". I need a mentor so to speak re: the process, I have a good idea but we know where that road leads...
Dan H.
Clockwork_drone
Everett, WA
Post #: 1
I am super excited for this hands on meet up.
I'm going to do everything I can to make it. With the popularity I hope you live by a parking garage. Lol.
Stacey
user 10310511
Kent, WA
Post #: 2
Sorry, this meetup happened last year. Kandice are you planning on doing another batch of biodiesel anytime soon? I wasn't able to make it last year, but hoping you'll host it again sometime! Thanks!