add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo
Becca S
user 28860382
Renton, WA
Post #: 2
any experience raising ducks, or eating duck eggs? I've had a flock of chickens.
Jirius I.
user 11430732
Group Organizer
Kenmore, WA
Post #: 21
I get duck eggs from my neighbor all the time. They are delicious. The yokes are much bigger & tastier.
A former member
Post #: 157
My husband is allergic to chicken eggs, so we get duck eggs from his sisters' farms (depending on which has more laying). They just keep the ducks in the same coop and pen with the chickens. In addition to being larger than large chicken eggs, duck eggs have a higher fat content, and if you're planning on cooking with them, especially baking, you'll have to change up recipes a bit. I'm lazy when it comes to baking, so I just use ours for omelettes, but my SILs have used them extensively in their cooking and say they're fantastic; they are more flavorful.
Becca S
user 28860382
Renton, WA
Post #: 3
A former member
Post #: 60
eggs of all kinds are brain food, fertility food, etc.

no more demonizing the amazing egg!
A former member
Post #: 58
I don't have room for ducks (we already have chickens...and rabbits lol), but I've purchased them from a farm in Enumclaw (Blissful Farms) and they were DELICIOUS! I think the ratio is 1 duck egg = 3 regular chicken eggs. They make baking much fluffier and a little richer. I would definitely recommend them :)
A former member
Post #: 61
Find an egg produced near you­
A former member
Post #: 76
Just signed up for this with my flock in Lacey, thanks for sharing! :)