add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Urban Homesteaders Message Board › Good chicken breeders around here?

Good chicken breeders around here?

Natalija A.
user 68907902
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 1
I am so glad I found your meetup!!!
My name is Natalija. I have a garden and this year I am planning on getting 10 chicks. Please if you know some good local breeders who do heritage breeds I would love to have a contact with them. I do not want to get chicks from Feed Stores or hatcheries.
Thanks in advance for any tips!smile
Sara K.
Port Orchard, WA
Post #: 205
I am not aware of an local breeders, but know there is a jersey giant breeder y Vancouver. Also have purchased hatching eggs from several outstanding breeders if you might e interested ongoing that route. Do you have specific breeds you like?
Kay D.
user 9716832
Woodinville, WA
Post #: 65
I don't know where you are located, but in "suburbia" there are feed stores that have baby (and older) chicks that are "looking for good homes". The Issaquah Grange is one, and Keep It Simple on Avondale in Redmond is another. Call around to find out about more.
Angela J.
user 14477700
Des Moines, IA
Post #: 6
I live in Iowa and have ordered chicks from quite a few hatcheries over the past year. The ones we have used that have been fabulous to work with are Welp, McMurray, and J&M Hatchery. I hope you find the chicks you are looking for!