Urban Homesteaders Message Board › Looking for free range eggs

Looking for free range eggs

Ginger
user 7933206
Kent, WA
Post #: 136
I'm looking for free range, preferably fed organic (no gmo or soy) feed eggs. I live in Kent/south king county area but am willing to travel up to an hour or so for good eggs. I'm willing to pay 3.00-4.00 a dozen... sorry, can't afford 6.00 a dozen like some charge. If anyone has a good source for eggs I would appreciate the advice. Thanks!
Sara K.
HorseFoodPro
Port Orchard, WA
Post #: 206
Ginger, I have exactly what you are wanting. Our girls are fed an all organic crumble supplemented by a wide variety or fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, and all the bugs they can find. We average 9-12 eggs a day, most brown andlareto jumbo size, with a couple bantam ones. I am located just outside of gig harbor, but if you bring a carton you can have all you want for $1.50 a dozen.... Coverstheir spinach and kale! My eggs are gathered daily and wiped clean with a natural enzyme solution that protects the eggs from bacteria. Eggs are kept for 1 week in the fridge, if not claimed... I throw them out. Never like to take risks with food!

I am pregnant and having a big egg aversion lol... So not eating any right now! Hate to see them go to waste!
Sara K.
HorseFoodPro
Port Orchard, WA
Post #: 208
I just saw several people sent me emails about eggs! So sorry I didn't see them until now! We will not have any eggs available for the next 30 days as we will be doing their annual deworming. Although we use natural dewormers, I still choose to withdraw the eggs for at least a month even if it isn't required! After that, we will be back to having lots of eggs for those interested! The lovely ladies are ever producing! May also have some silkie hatching eggs in the near future! Haven't tested fertility yet, but am confident they will be beautiful chicks!