align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Urban Homesteaders Message Board › Compost

Compost

A former member
Post #: 45
I had a friend who gave me a VitaMixer (a blender on steroids!). She (not an experienced gardener) also gave me a brilliant idea that I want to share with you all ... When she cooks veggies, etc,. she throws the peels in the MegaBlender, adds water, and buzzes it to smithereens, which she then pours into the compost tumbler that I gave her. Brilliant! The compost is reduced to the "lowest common denominator", moisture with it, and it's added to the compost cooking in the compost tumbler. The results were amazing! Beautiful compost in record time! I have adopted the idea for my own compost system.
Jonathan M.
jj206
Seattle, WA
Post #: 20
I take the slow route as it uses less of my solar power batteries or I eat the peels. (^:=