add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Urban Homesteaders Message Board › Urgent, please read - Meetups that have a cost

Urgent, please read - Meetups that have a cost

Jirius I.
user 11430732
Group Organizer
Kenmore, WA
Post #: 28
We have a very nice size group now & we need more no cost meetups, so please feel free to post any meetups you want to schedule that have no cost to them. As to the ones that there is a charge for, I have a concern. If you are charging members to come to a meetup (and I think that is ok), then those meetups will have to be cleared by me from this point forward. The reason is quite simple. While I do not charge for membership to this group I have to pay fees to every 6 months. I do not mind doing this because I am all in on this group. But, if someone who charges for a Meetup & thus benefits from our group, it only makes sense to compensate me for the money that I am sending
With this in mind, if you are charging for a specific Meetup, you will have to clear it with me first by contacting me directly. Failure to do so will result in my removing your Meetup from the schedule. If you schedule such a Meetup without a conversation with me, I will send an email to the person running it & if no communication happens I will remove it the next day.
Again, this is only for Meetup scheduled that have a cost. What I feel is fair reimbursement is around 10% of the charge of the people that sign up through this site & actually show up and pay for the Meetup. Feel free to schedule as many Meetups as you like about anything related to our purpose. We actually need to have a lot more Meetups because members have so many interests. If you have knowledge in a certain area & want to share it, please schedule a Meetup.

If you have questions about what is appropriate, feel free to contact me directly or through the Meetup page. My phone number is 206-841-9976. Please make the check payable to me directly & mail right away to 20006 73rd Ave NE, Kenmore WA 98028.
You can also deposit funds in my PayPal account if you like to use PayPal. My email address for PayPal is
Jirius Isaac
Edited by Jirius Isaac on Apr 27, 2014 3:57 PM
A former member
Post #: 97

Only fair!