Seattle Web App Developers Group Message Board › CallRevu is seeking Front-End Web Developer (Seattle Area)
|A former member||
CallRevu is a rapidly growing, profitable company that is reinventing the way our industry collects sales opportunity data. We are looking for a enthusiastic and hard-working individual who can help us shape and leverage our industry leading solutions. As a young and successful startup we know we are only as good as our people and we're currently looking to add to our talented team.
We are seeking a key front-end web developer experienced in hands-on design and development for our call tracking and transcription application including interfacing with third-party applications such as speech-to-text engines. Our application has two sides, one used by human transcribers and the other is client facing. If you enjoy working hard, and on your own schedule and don't mind producing some routine reporting, but also get to play with new technologies then this position is a good fit.
In this position you will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle: scoping, design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You will be our UI/UX developer for highly available, scalable, secure and flexible solutions and be called upon to tackle big and little projects that are fun, challenging and span the spectrum of front-end development.
Sometimes the deadlines are tight, but that's why we're looking for people with great personality who are team players. When a project is done we'll celebrate, enjoy the view and look forward to the next project wiser and stronger than before. In this role, you must be able to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult and complex problems. You take pride and ownership in your work as well as the overall contributions of the team. You must also have the ability to take a system-wide understanding, recognize the use of system components and disparate technologies and be able to diagnose and debug components across an entire system. Your ability to communicate clearly and concisely (both written and verbal) is also key as is being a self-starter.
We are a start-up company with solid backers and positive cash flow. The company is based in Timonium, MD and the technology team is based in Seattle, WA and primarily works remote, but we do have shared office space for regular meetings if necessary.
Experience Required: (includes but are not limited to)
• Bachelors Degree in Web Development or combined equivalent of education and/or experience.
• 2+ years writing standards based, semantic HTML and CSS and modern layouts using table-less design.
• 2+ years Java using Java Server Pages and Servlets.
• 2+ years SQL Server using Transact-SQL.
• Daily maintenance/updates to existing sites.
• Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
• Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with bugs.
• Focus on the ways in which the Web sites function for optimum information delivery.
• Recommend and implement performance improvements.
• A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience.
• A good understanding of cross-browser issues and their workarounds.
• Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
• Comfortable working in a Windows environment and using Java-based technologies.
• Working knowledge of IDE's such as NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ.
• Familiar with using version control such as Subversion.
• Able to confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
• Team player and open using chat tools to communicate such as Skype or Messenger.
• Fun and Friendly attitude.
Competitive pay for contractors in-line with experience and skill level. Please communicate your income and requirements to us with your resume submission.
General Seattle area. Telecommute and/or work from home acceptable.