Seattle Web App Developers Group Message Board › Amazon is looking for Full-Time Web Development Engineers!
Interested in joining a game-changing, strategic business that is growing by leaps and bounds? Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) makes Amazon's world-class fulfillment services available to third-party sellers. FBA sellers can offer their customers fantastic benefits such as Prime, Super Saver Shipping and 24x7 Amazon customer service on their products.
The team is looking for highly skilled Web Development Engineers who specialize in front-end technology.
FBA is a global product and this position this job will offer the right candidate a chance to work with a passionate, top-notch team that has consistently had low turnover and a close-knit culture that is unique and makes it an exciting place to work!
You'll be tackling a variety of projects -- some super complex and some little -- but always fun, challenging and spanning the spectrum of front-end development. Sometimes you will be juggling a lot, but that's why we're looking for people with a great attitude, leadership skills and an ability to handle whatever is on their plate.
We're an informal but driven team -- we balance deadlines with beer-o'clocks!
- Elegantly implement page designs in standards-compliant dynamic XHTML and CSS
- Collaborate with the design team to define the information architecture, advocating Web interaction design best practices with a focus on consistency and usability
- Work closely with back-end developers to find ways to push the limits of existing Web technology in service of creating the best possible user experience
- Interaction with UX team and business users
- Some maintenance/updates to existing sites
- At least three to five years of Web development experience
- Experience with Perl, PHP or other server-side scripting languages
- Project management & communication skills: self-directed and capable of working effectively in an agile environment
- Experience in turning Photoshop designs into beautifully semantic W3C standard HTML templates
-BS in Computer Science or related Technology Degree
Experience in the following a plus:
- Strong web application design skills, including information architecture, interface design and visual design
- CSS3 and HTML5
- jQuery or similar JS frameworks
- Client-side MVC frameworks such as backbone.js or similar
- Server-side MVC frameworks such as ASP.Net MVC, Ruby on Rails, or Zend Framework
- Internationalization techniques for the web
Interested? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll talk!
Edited by Mike Masterman on Dec 10, 2012 12:06 PM