Seattle Web App Developers Group Message Board › eBay Bellevue, WA: hiring Perm Front-End Engineer/Web Developer for our Shop
San Jose, CA
Are you looking to be challenged and impact the world’s largest online marketplace? Do you love working with highly scalable systems that are seen by hundreds of millions of people? Does innovating and creating engaging experiences using the latest technologies excite you? Then we want to talk to you!
We are currently looking for strong Front-end Engineers/Web Developers to create experiences that will take eBay into the future.
Who are we?
We are the team building the Shopping-Cart for eBay. Yes, the whole enchilada … front-end UI using the latest browser based technologies powered by a distributed java-services based scalable backend. Our mission is to create an easy to use, fast, intuitive, innovative, organized, beautiful & personalized buyer experience on eBay. And trust us that it is far easier said than done when we are literally building the face of world’s largest e-commerce website, are serving millions of users for eBay every day, are critical enough to be a CEO driven initiative, and need to be nimble & innovative enough to re-imagine the buyer experience on eBay.
To add to the excitement, we are building a brand new team from scratch in our Seattle office – where you really can be amongst the first employees in a well-funded, proven, highly technical, highly visible, business critical idea.
Interested, please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you a fit?
Note: Must be eligible to work in the US, no 3rd parties.
We are looking expand our portfolio of smart engineers by adding someone who already has the skills listed below and/or is passionate towards learning & building these skills.
· 5+ years’ experience in defining, designing, and implementing User Interfaces for large scale systems, preferably for high performance, high traffic, high availability, consumer facing web applications.
· Strong experience and grasp of user interface fundamentals, site speed or performance tuning, memory usage optimization.
· Advanced knowledge of MVC, OO programming design paradigms such as Java (will also consider C++, C#, but coding will be done in Java – at a minimum need to be able to read, modify and debug)
· Java Frameworks experience such as Spring, Struts, and Hibernate.
· Solid computer science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving skills)
· Experience with database technologies like Oracle, My SQL, and noSQL databases (ability to pull information and display dynamically)
· Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus in a high velocity, high quality environment
· Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus.