Seattle useR Group (R Programming Language) Message Board › Job Posting: Analyst / Programmer
|A former member||
Greenfield Advisors LLC is looking to hire an analyst with programming capabilities for our Seattle, WA office. We are a boutique firm with 30+ years of experience in analytics and valuation in the real estate arena. We’re a friendly, fairly casual office that places a high premium on producing concrete answers to extremely complicated and abstract real-estate-related situations. Our employees are creative and come from a wide variety of backgrounds.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
• Manage large, complex, datasets for use in high-pressure situations, including MS Access and SQL Server.
• Create models and analyze data in R.
• Communicate the results of statistical models in written and verbal form.
• Collaborate with others to ensure quality control.
• Document programming and other activities.
• Have strong analytical and decision making abilities.
• Take responsibility for delivering superior value and client service.
• Work well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives.
• Approach problems with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
• Have good writing skills to document plans and process.
• Be a results-driven, self-starter with the ability to complete work independently and within a collaborative environment.
• A solid background in econometrics and statistics. A Masters degree in economics or other social science with a strong applied component is required. (A Ph.D. is preferred.)
• Five years of relevant work experience. A Ph.D. may substitute for work experience.
• Experience developing statistical models in R.
• Experience managing large data sets, including merging of disparate data, data cleaning and transformation, and quality control.
• A willingness to explore new data visualization methods.
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems.
• Experience with version control software.
• Experience in real estate appraisal/finance.
We offer a generous compensation package, including:
• A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
• Health, prescription, dental, and vision insurance
• A 125 Cafeteria Plan with company paid HRA. (Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts available.)
• Life/AD&D Insurance.
• Retirement 401(k) after one year of employment, with 100% match up to 15% of annual salary (or IRS limits).
• Paid time off and ten days of vacation each year.
This is an on-site, full-time, salaried, non-management position. All employees must pass a rigorous background check. U.S. citizens or permanent residents only at this time (VISA sponsorships are not available).
Please send your resume, salary range, and a cover letter that speaks directly to the minimum requirements listed above to:
Lisa Mc Sherry
Please do not call, or fax, or mail. Every submission will be responded to within a week.
Greenfield Advisors is an Equal Opportunity Employer.