I'm going to be throwing a Hearts and Hooves Day pool party on Saturday February 15th, 2014.
As usual, the format will be much the same as previous parties I've thrown, eh. For those of y'all who have never been to one of my parties: This'll be pretty free-form and loose. Party starts at Party Standard Time (ie. show up when you can, after about noon-ish) and lasts as long as y'all want to stay. Activities will depend on what attendees want to do, but possibilities include:
* Hot(ish) Pool
* Hot tub
* Watching pony-related stuff
** Various random episode viewing
** Various PMVs or other fan-created videos
** Equestria Girls Movie viewing
** "Bronies" documentary viewing
* Playing pony-related video games
** Pony Rock Project (pony-themed Rock Band)
** My Little Karaoke
* Various other pony-related activities
** Board Games
** Card games anypony wants to run on their own (Cards Against Equinity, maybe?)
* Just hanging around and chatting / drawing / playing music
Sodas, hamburgers, hot-dogs, sausages, various other grilled meats and non-meats and some snacking foods will be provided. If you have special dietary requirements or preferences, please let me know! It would be great if attendees could bring a side dish, main dish, dessert, or snack of some kind, though this isn't required of course. I should have non-alcoholic drinks covered, but I won't be providing alcoholic drinks-- if you'd like some, bring some!
As with previous parties, I must set the attendee limit for my party to 50, lest things become a bit too crowded. Please RSVP early if you want to come, and please un-RSVP yourself if you later discover you can't come (so we free up slots for those on the waiting list, as I'm guessing there will be a waiting list again).
IMPORTANT FORMAT CHANGES/NOTES:
* Standard social gathering etiquette applies. If you have a problem with body or foot odor, please make sure to bathe, use deodorant and wear fresh clean clothing before coming to the party. And please keep your shoes on! With so many bodies in one place, let's try to keep the smells tolerable, eh. ;)
* The 3:00am curfew for the hot tub worked well last time, so let's do that again: Nopony in the hot tub after 3:00am (and be quiet outside after dark, eh.) (This is of course contingent on the hot tub not being frozen at the time.)
* Last time, many attendees decided to stay up all night instead of sleeping. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but be aware that if you do want to stay overnight you may not be able to find a spot quiet enough to sleep. Also, floor space is limited, so if you do plan on staying overnight, please let me know here! I'm guessing that no more than 20 would be able to sleep on the floor space I have (and you've got to be a heavy sleeper at that), so let's try to keep it at that number. Priority will be given to those who have to travel longer distances and/or are relying on public transit. (The bus service near my house is distant and infrequent, unfortunately.) Also, for those who can, plan on bringing some bedding, as I only have so many sleeping bags and blankets.
* Bronies of all ages are welcome, though I would ask under-age bronies to have a parent or guardian present and to contact me before the party. Alcohol will almost certainly be present at the party. (And those not of legal age are of course required not to partake!)
* Those who do drink are expected to do so responsibly and maintain good behavior (though this hasn't been a problem in the past, for those of you just joining us).
* Although I am pleased that Washington has passed much saner laws with regard to the use of marijuana by responsible adults, please do not bring any to the party.
* As usual, let's keep the more adult-oriented video viewing (eg. gory, raunchy, or otherwise "highly inappropriate") off the big T.V. until late at night. (Feel free to watch these whenever you want on your personal viewing devices, but please don't do so at such a loud volume that you'd be disturbing other attendees who might not want to see or hear that stuff.)
* This is a pool party, so if you want to swim, don't forget your swimsuit! Unless we experience a particularly severe cold snap a few days before the party which freezes things solid, I fully intend to heat the pool. (The hot tub might freeze over, but I can usually get the pool up to about 80 degrees in the winter.)