Seattle Area MLP:FiM Fans Message Board › Cool place in Tacoma for a meetup...

Cool place in Tacoma for a meetup...

Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 1
Okay, was thinking of suggesting Dorky's Barcade as a place for T-town meetups. It's in downtown Tacoma, has awesome retro games & cheap food, has Thomas Kemper on tap, cheap food specials, and we can bring them episodes & they'd probally play them. Here's their Facebook if anyone wants to scope them out: http://www.facebook.c...­

So, um, thoughts?
Bejoty
Bejoty
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
They say they're working on a beer license.. does that mean the 18-20 crowd is out? Or can minors still make it for now?
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 5
Yeah, it'll be all-ages until 10 PM after they get their liquor license since it'll be just beer. After 10 PM it'll be 21+. Also, to avoid the paid parking, people can use the free park & ride at the Tacoma Dome, then ride the free downtown train to where it is...
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 6
Well, I'm gonna go talk to the owners Monday afternoon to get all the specifics for the group, but they said that hosting a Brony meetup would be right up their alley.
Bejoty
Bejoty
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
In that case, I'm in. It's a nice little trip on the metro, plus it gives me reason to catch up with my other T-town friends~
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 7
In that case, I'm in. It's a nice little trip on the metro, plus it gives me reason to catch up with my other T-town friends~

Why not just spend $3 and take the ST 590 from downtown Seattle? You'd be in downtown Tacoma in about 30 minutes. Then from downtown you hop on the free train and ride it to the 'Theater District' stop & walk down one block. On Mon-Fri the last one to Seattle leaves a block from Dorky's at 10:18 PM, And Sat/Sun it's 10:20 PM. Go figure, its 2 minutes later on the weekend!

Anyhoo, just a suggestion for getting to/from easier & avoid parking. Now, FYI, there is NO PARKING COSTS on Sundays in Downtown Tacoma, but Dorky's is only open from noon-5PM on Sunday. The gay bar a block or two from Dorky's (Club Silverstone) has $1 PBR starting at 6 PM Sundays, so after 5 PM downtown Tacoma becomes flooded by hipsters on Sundays. Be forewarned!
Bejoty
Bejoty
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
Sounder? I think that's part of my pass, so I should have a free ride with the ST. I guess that's actually what I was referring to. xD

As long as that transport is running, I'm down for whatever time slots we decide on. I usually end up winging it day of anyway, so I'm deciding not to look too far into it now. =P
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 8
Well, the female owner is a fellow Brony, so we're in like Flynn! She's up for any time & even regular gathers there. Also, if any brony can help her get some copies of the episodes that she can play on a PS3 'somehow'... She'd be very appreciative. Not sure how that works. Anyhoo, she just asks that we give her a week's warning to have staff for our overflow, but it's a pretty chill place that also has daily specials:

Mondays: $6 pizzas up to 5 toppings
Tuesdays: 2 for 1 Sammiches
Wednesdays: 2 'Pinkie Pie' Tacos for $3
Thursdays: Quesadilla for $3 (Meat for $1 more)
Friday: Focaccia Pizza with 1 topping for $3
Saturdays: It changes too often to list

Here's the hours:
Mon - Thurs: 11 AM - 10 PM
Fri & Sat: 11 AM - 1 AM
Sun: Noon - 5 PM (Private party days usually)

They're at 754 Pacific Ave & their number is 253-627-4156

If we WANTED to do a private party, it starts at $99 for 100 quarters, 6 food items, & unlimited fountian drinks. But I think we can do public easy. Oh, and they also have Thomas Kemper on tap for $2.50-3.50 with an extra $1 to make it a float.

So, yeah. Thoughts on what looks to be a VERY pro-brony Tacoma place?
Chris
user 14489253
Tacoma, WA
I think the place sounds awesome, and am wondering why I never heard of it before.
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 9
Well, they just opened their doors a few months ago, and right now their ad budget is... Facebook.