align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Seattle Area MLP:FiM Fans Message Board › Bronies in Recovery?

Bronies in Recovery?

Kelley
user 12408098
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 2
I was wondering if there were any Bronies in the Seattle Tacoma area who are sober, in recovery, or perhaps might be interested in a MLP-based group support. Nopony should feel alone. I have some limited experience facilitating meetings of this type and I think this is something that could benefit the Brony community. If anypony is interested, feel free to email me privately, erinkelley71 at yahoo .

Sobriety is Magic smile
Marshall L.
user 96584462
Burlington, WA
Post #: 3
I would be interested in this. I will hopefully hit my 6 year sobriety anniversary in one week. I've thought about having an MLP based recovery group myself. I have big issues with AA and only use it to get what I need for myself. Ponies are in a way a higher power for me. I am not Christian and I don't like the Christian bias that is placed in AA groups in this area. I also think there is life beyond just going to bars or going to meetings. You can have a lot of fun when sober. Actually even more fun than when drunk! That is a concept people in the groups around here can't understand. All they want to do is go to meetings, meetings, and more meetings and never do anything fun.
Kelley
user 12408098
Tacoma, WA
Post #: 3
I agree! I posted this almost a year ago, and so far this is the only reply. I'm very grateful for the one. And you WILL hit your 6-year anniversary, congrats! Maybe we can create a private Facebook group or something for discussions and stuff. Are you on FB? You can add me, https://www.facebook....­
Marshall L.
user 96584462
Burlington, WA
Post #: 5
Sent one. I actually don't like facebook though. I only really got on Facebook this time because of my business. I had made two profiles before and deleted them both. I was most likely going to delete Facebook again when I move. I do get involved in a lot of pony stuff there. I'm also in a few other brony groups outside Facebook though so it isn't needed for that.
Roy G. B.
RoyGBivMLP
Puyallup, WA
Post #: 27
So, kinda Bronies who are friends with Bill W.?
Marshall L.
user 96584462
Burlington, WA
Post #: 6
Not quite because I'd rather see it as an all encompassing support group for recovery of a variety of needs and not based on AA. I don't refer to myself as a friend of Bill W. I simply am someone who has struggled with tobacco and Alcohol addiction and use a variety of things, including ponies, to help me with my problems. I don't look at it the same way as AA as there are too many disagreements there. It is a disease? Then how come there is no cure? I view it as an addiction because my view is once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. That is taught as well and most people have some kind of a relapse at some point. It is possible to get back on the program and continue with recovery but AA seems to teach that it is not possible to recover from a relapse. Also calling it a birthday because you are born again yet still an alcoholic. To me it is an anniversary. What matters of course is that the person stays sober and has a program that works. If AA works for a person then they should use it but there should be other programs for those that need something different. AA depresses me and makes me want to drink. When I go to meetings it is usually just in case I can be of help to someone else who might be helped by my experience and I leave drained. I have not been to a meeting in quite awhile because I'm afraid if I go to one it may drive me to drink and my sobriety is more important to me than going to an AA meeting. All of this is why I would love the idea of having an MLP based recovery group that isn't in any way affiliated with AA.