Seattle RailsBridge Group Message Board › Job: developers wanted for social commerce site.
|A former member||
Soletron is a blog and social commerce destination where independent designers, retailers and collectors come to buy, sell and discuss their styles. Soletron is focused on the urban apparel/street wear industry which is a $60 billion dollar-per-year industry.
We are looking for part time, full time and contractor ruby on rails and php developers to help build and maintain our e-commerce platform. We launched V1 (the blog/forum) three months ago and have since been ranked in the top 0.49% of all sites in the world based on site traffic, with a team of over 35 writers and staff throughout the country, and without having spent a dollar on advertising.
• Advisory Board includes the founder of a world famous street wear company, two former public company CEOs, a VC company founder and Super Bowl MVP
• Industry and customer relationships already established with ~400 vendors who will be selling on the site who are located throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia
• Founders with successful track records in retail and investment banking and as investment professionals in the venture capital/private equity industry
• Close relationships established with famous hip hop artists, fashion designers and professional athletes
• Partnership recently established with the leading urban apparel website in China
• CEO is prior owner/founder of a well-known specialty retail boutique operating in our target industry
• Experience with social commerce is ideal
• Ruby on Rails proficient or php proficient
• Familiarity with Wordpress, vBulletin or shopping cart technologies (Spree, Magento, Big Commerce, etc.)
• Should be able to present prior completed work/URL
• Honesty, integrity and good communication skills a must
Edited by User 14,297,934 on Jun 28, 2011 8:04 AM