Seattle RailsBridge Group Message Board › RailsBridge This Weekend!

RailsBridge This Weekend!

Renée H.
reneedv
Group Organizer
Seattle, WA
Hello Seattle RailsBridge Volunteers!

I'm excited for our 2nd Seattle RailsBridge this weekend! I wanted to drop you a line and let you know about our new curriculum. Based on the feedback we received from our first Workshop in April, Ryan Davis and Aja Hammerly revamped the RailsBridge curriculum for us. They applied a standard structure and geared it more towards the types of students we have here in Seattle. They are still working on finishing it up for this weekend, but the draft version is online here: Seattle_Rails_Curriculum­

Please be prepared to help students work through this curriculum on Saturday.

Friday evening is our install-fest. We will be working with the students to get their machines up and ready to go for Saturday's workshop. The install instructions are online here: Workshop_Installation_Notes_Rails_3­

There are always a few strange configurations problems that crop-up. The expectation is that you will be able to help point the students in the right direction, consult with the other volunteers if you are stuck, and help the students filter google search results that might be helpful.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!

Thanks!

**Renée