|Sent on:||Monday, December 30, 2013 1:42 PM|
Happy New Year All,
We're looking forward to the January 14 meetup at Piecora's. Troy Parke and Patrick Neeman will be back to further the discussion of UX Careers, in particular hiring and portfolios. Thanks to Filter for sponsoring this month's event!
BIG NEWS - TIME CHANGE to 6:30 PM
This meetup starts at 6:30pm. We don't have the room earlier so if you can wait until 6:30, it's much appreciated. We have new volunteers as greeters and setup for the evening, as well.
CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS - MOCK JOB INTERVIEW
We're looking for 2 brave souls to participate in a mock interview process. If you have a portfolio and want to get a feel for presenting/interviewing in a professional setting, this is a great opportunity. Check out the job description below and let us know if you'll be one of our mock interviewees. We have a great one-on-one mentoring hour prize for our participants.
*You must be available January 14 6:30-8:30pm
*You'll need to be in touch with presenters and provide your slides, links ahead of time
Jr UX Designer / UX Design Internship
• Experience in UX, research, design or product
• Portfolio demonstrating your skills and experience
• Enrollment or Degree in HCI (Human Computer Interaction), CS (Computer Science), Design or equivalent
• Ability to communicate and work well with a cross-functional team
• Experience in creating deliverables and artifacts including user flows, wireframes and mockups
• Additional relevant skills such as coding, prototyping, visual design.
For the first few minutes of the interview, we would like you to present an overview of yourself and highlight your best, most relevant project. You will be presenting to a group of people ranging from a product owners and developers to fellow designers.