addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Seattle Information Architecture & User Experience Meetup Message Board › Developer seeking collaborator for portfolio projects

Developer seeking collaborator for portfolio projects

A former member
Post #: 3
I'm looking for a designer to work with on a few learning/portfolio projects. Over the past 12 years I've had a successful freelance career building custom web sites for businesses in a variety of industries, doing mostly back-end with some javascript. I'm looking to transition into front-end development so I can have more of an impact creating great user experiences, and am looking for a designer with whom I can collaborate creating a few awesome portfolio pieces that showcase cutting-edge front-end shazizzle i.e using Ember.js, jQuery, Twitter Bootstrap, etc. You can see some of my web development work here http://www.bitmojo.co...­, and a bit of recent artwork here http://www.modelmayhe...­ (yes I can use both sides of my brain). In addition to the usual CS degree, I have an MFA in animation from USC. I live in Ballard.

A few ideas for portfolio projects include re-skinning this custom database-driven site I built for an artist friendhttp://www.zoeyfrank....­ and then building an e-commerce enabled online gallery site to sell her work and similar work from other artists, and/or creating a Pinterest-style site for black & white fine art nude photography. Maybe you also have ideas, but need a developer to help you implement them? Drop me a line with some links to previous work plus any brainstorms you might have and let's chat!

Cheers,

Chris
Ariel van S.
arielv
Missoula, MT
Post #: 4
Hi everyone, just wanted to put in a good word for Chris. I know him through yoga/acroyoga, and he's a really great person. Plus he's smart, he's a great artist, and he's doing good work.
Skate A.
user 28631032
Park City, UT
Post #: 1
Chris,

I have had a portfolio project on the shelf for the past three years. Unfortunately I never seem to have the time to implement it. The idea is simple - a portfolio site that has an elegant look & feel, and that allows a user to do more that just post some images of final mockups and screen shots. I had the idea of using WordPress as the back-end, only because it seems to be very easy for people to post content on it, and will handle everything this site would need. On the client side, it needs to be fully responsive, would use latest CSS3 transitions and other effects (probably with a bunch of JavaScript shims), and have the ability to provide a beautifully printed portfolio that can be delivered at a job interview.

I'd be happy to discuss it in more detail if you are interested. Maybe this is something we can collaborate on and that might be the push I need to get this started and rolling. I will be attending the "Usability Seattle" meetup tomorrow (Jan 24th at Avvo at 6pm). Look for me there or hopefully at the next Seattle Information Architecture & User Experience Meetup.

Cheers

- Skate -
K Skate April
skate [at] skatesite (dot) com