Come on out this Sunday to help serve food for the homeless in Seattle. Some cleanup help after the serve is also appreciated.
Where: At the Outdoor Meal Site which is nearest 6th Ave & Columbia St. The site is under the freeway and free parking when facing the fence (designated for volunteers). Plan to arrive about 5-10 min prior.
How you can help further:
• Assist with food preparation and clean up
• Lead meal serves
• Donate money to go towards food, supplies and maintenance (see below)
Anyone interested in helping can contact Mark at [masked] for more information.
Donations can be made as follows:
• Check or cash - You can deliver you donations to either Carly or Mark during the 1st or 3rd serve each month. If donating by check please make it out to AOK Friends.
• Paypal - For online donations go to www.aokfriends.org or go to www.paypal.com and click "Send Money" and enter [masked] in the recipient box
• Food or drinks – Consumables should be prepackaged items and we are encouraging nutritionally balanced options, like trail mix, granola/power bars, fruit, etc.
• Toiletries or clothing – Most requested clothing are socks, gloves, shoes, coats, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts with hoods, backpacks, sport bags, and blankets. Men’s L, XL, and XXL are the most desired sizes. Items can be brought to the site, but AOK does not have the means for storing excess items.
• Van Parking [URGENT] - We are looking for a secure location to store the AOK van each week while it is not in use, preferably in a location within 2 miles of the Outdoor Meal site. If there is anyone who lives or works in the area that has access to a secure parking spot, we would be grateful, since finding a safe and affordable place to park the van has become an increasing problem for us in recent months. and this would better ensure that future serves run as smoothly as possible.
From I-5 South, exit 165A James, stay on left side, take the first driveway on your left (before the signal light) and park facing the fence.
From I-90 West, to I-5 North, exit on James St. Turn left on James St, turn right on 4th Ave, continue about 3 blocks, turn right on Marion St. Turn right on 6th Ave and quickly move to the left to turn left to park facing the fence.
Please check online maps if you are coming from other directions.
Thank you for volunteering!