add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Seattle Volunteers Message Board › AOK Friends

AOK Friends

Amiga D.
Kirkland, WA
Post #: 43
Last Sunday's serve at was great. We had an amazing group of volunteers bringing food, clothing, and this inexplicable energy. The homeless men and the few women that were there felt the care and compassion we brought. They smiled, said Thank you, God Bless you, we appreciate you coming here to feed us today (we waited a long time and you were the only group here), and many more positive words. Sometimes a smile, a short conversation, some homemade food goes a long way for them...

This time I got a few requests for backpacks, boots/shoes (larger sizes), and socks. They joked with me, laughed with me, and thanked me for being there. Some of the regulars noticed that I started to come less each month as I explained to them that I started to help other non-profit organizations and they understood.'s funds are reaching a critical low. I'm organizing an "All You Can Bowl" Charity event to help raise money for AOK Friends. Please come and join us and sign up here­ If you can give a monetary donation, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance!

Amiga Debbie