Seattle Volunteers Message Board › Are any of the opportunites kid friendly?

Are any of the opportunites kid friendly?

Monica
user 4884836
Mercer Island, WA
Post #: 48
Hello,

I have 2 children ages almost 4 and 6 that would like to help out. Are any of the meetups children freindly?

Both of my kids are very interested in serving food to the homeless. Will this group be doing a Thanksgiving Meal for the homeless meetup somewhere?

Thanks,
Monica
A former member
Post #: 36
Monica have you checked with Youthcare in Seattle? They are always in need of volunteers and I think they can accomodate your children's desire to help too?
Annushka
user 8543118
Seattle, WA
Post #: 17
I am looking for the same thing for my 5yo, Monica. Something my son & I have done is plant trees with the Nature Consortium:

http://www.naturec.or...­

We would like to work with people, too.

A former member
Post #: 5
Hello, I know this is an older topic but I have found a few things while searching for volunteer opportunities:

1. Typically, volunteer events for "children" (homeless, victims, etc) usually indicate that you should not bring your children. This is what I have read when browsing through United Way's volunteer listings.
2. Volunteering to help senior citizens (disabled or otherwise) with chores, shopping, or just visiting with them once a month is an opportunity when you can bring along your well behaved children if the people you are helping don't mind.
3. If in doubt, just ask the organizer for the "event" that you are volunteering for.