The Seattle Web Technology Meetup Group Message Board › Front-End Web Developer Opportunity
|A former member||
I''m looking for a front-end web developer to handle a growing workload. This is a small team and this position is a key to our company’s success because your work is what our customers, potential customers and partners see every day.
Your primary responsibility will be all aspects of front-end web development; including, application skinning and configuration, creating the front-end functionality for web sites and SEO implementation, but responsibilities may grow as needs arise. This position is part-time on-site. As an independent contractor you are expected to have your own tools of the trade (laptop, software, etc.). You can expect between 20-30 hours each week. Expected pay up to $30/hr. depending on an evaluation of your skill set.
We are a 10 year old web development and internet strategy company (www.brightspectrum.net) with customers all around the U.S. We are a leading partner for the specific platforms we utilize and anticipate great strides in growth this year.
IF YOU ARE NOT LOCAL TO SEATTLE/TACOMA/BELLEVUE YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED SO PLEASE DON’T BOTHER SENDING RESUME IF YOU ARE OUTSIDE OF THIS AREA.
We are looking for someone who:
• Can contribute to the idea process
• Is creative when planning solutions
• Can do the obvious stuff without being asked/Can read between the lines
• Is good at collaborating - looking for a good two-way communicator not someone who just wants to take direction and get a paycheck.
• Is proud of their work and gives a damn about the results and success of our company
• Is responsible and can accept accountability if things go wrong
• Has a sense of urgency
• Is open to working on ALL aspects of the development process, even the not-so-sexy stuff
• Contracts for a living – not looking for people that already have a day job and are just looking to make extra cash
• Has at least 4 years of experience in the real-world – we are not looking to give someone on the job training
• Understands the importance of customer satisfaction
• Most importantly – is reliable and realistic with abilities and timelines
The skills you will need to work with us:
• Solid XHTML and CSS skills – we excel at creating exact replicas of design concepts
• .NET Masterpages and Themes
• Skinning and configuration of AspDotNetStorefront, or other Ecommerce Platform
• Skinning, configuring and building sites on DotNetNuke, or other CMS (DNN module development a plus)
• ASP.NET 2.0 – 4.0 – some experience and familiarity with both VB and C#, a valued plus
Tools you will need to work with:
• Visual Studio
• VisualSVN for Visual Studio (Subversion)
• SQL Server