Second Half Rally is a group for experienced life veterans who like active recreation and sharing good times together. Our one simple goal is to have FUN!
We enjoy activities such as biking, kayaking, group walks,festivals, concerts, exploring cool places, and sharing good eats & drinks. Quirky and unusual events are always a big attraction for us to find something new and interesting. Our group picnics areal frescoadventures where nature makes everything taste better.
We chose the name Second Half Rally because all of us share that life situation chronologically, even though we don’t feel like it. But you probably qualify if you have some gray hair, you OUGHT to have some gray hair, you’ve forgotten your real hair color, or the Men’s Hair Club has your number on speed dial. If you’re basically a kid who wants to go outside and have fun playing with friends, then you'll fit in with our group.
Check the event calendar regularly as it keeps growing.
"Put me in coach! I’m ready to play... TODAY!”
WHY SECOND HALF RALLY?
Life is the ultimate participation sport, and we’re all in the game whether we like it or not. During the first half of living in this world, it’s common to make rookie mistakes, sign a long-term contract with the wrong team, be stuck on the sideline training young recruits, or suffer game-changing injuries to body, mind, and spirit. To make up for missed opportunities and bone-headed plays, most of us need to step up our game as we take the field for the second half of our lives.
In short, we need to stage a strong Second Half Rally! That means coming up with a better game plan, getting off the bench, and playing harder with a winning attitude. In this group, you'll be playing with other winners who share the same gusto and adventuresome spirit!
OUR GAME PLAN FOR ACTIVE FUN
The Second Half Rally meetup group has a straightforward game plan that respects the intelligence, maturity, and independence of its members:
1. Our primary goal at every event is to HAVE FUN. Then we do something active to make it happen. Other groups tend to focus primarily on doing a specific activity like biking, hiking, or kayaking led by serious aficionados. Too often, they never get around to having fun. Second Half Rally has its priorities straight.
2. We don’t tell our members how to have fun. Each event starts with an interesting idea, and then people figure out how to have the most fun. It always works out.
3. All our activities are aimed at regular people who enjoy an active lifestyle for recreation. We pedal, paddle, and hike at a reasonable pace that works for anyone in decent shape. We don’t run endurance races or competitions, and we take reasonable rest breaks. You don’t need to be an athlete or a hardbody to participate. However, you must be able to keep up with everyone else. This is not a group for couch potatoes.
4. Depending on the location, our events start at 10 am or later to give people enough time to get there, be relaxed, and enjoy themselves. Beginning at a civilized time is part of having fun on a weekend. Unlike some outdoor activity groups, we don’t wake up the chickens when we leave home.
5. We always accompany our events with good food and drinks. Taking time for refreshments and socializing with other members is important to make friends with people who share our interests.
6. We respect the time of volunteer organizers and other members by SHOWING UP when we RSVP “Yes” for an event. With this group, there’s no need to RSVP “No” unless you change your plans. Nobody expects you to show up at a specific event unless you RSVP “Yes”.
7. All members post a clear personal photo showing their face so we can recognize each other at meetups to help build a comfortable sense of community, as well as for safety ID reasons if anyone goes missing from an event.
8. We are friendly and welcoming to everyone, but we don’t tolerate whiners, jerks, dorks, or anyone else who spoils the fun for the rest of us. Life is too short...